7.02.2006

A Conversation with my Six-year-old

Do you know why we're going  to this event today?

Why?

Because there are some people who think they are better than other people just because
people aren't white or are Jewish, and they're going to have a rally here.

Or because they're brown?

Yes.

And those people are the nazis.

Yes. How did you know that?

I've heard people talking about it. 

What do you think about that?

I don't like that they are doing that. Because I'm brown, and I feel good of myself! And I love my mommy and I would be lonely without her, and she's white and I'm brown! You would miss me too, if I was gone from you, right?

Yes. Very much. You are the perfect daughter for me.

I don't like the feeling of people saying they are better than me because I'm brown.

...So that's why we are going to this event. To say no to the nazis and their rally.

Yes! Say no to the nazis! ...Will ___ [Caucasian friend] and her mom be there? Do they like the nazis?

No. They will be there to say no to the nazis. No one that we know likes the nazis. Everyone who we are friends with says no to the nazis.

Especially ___[Native American friend]. 

Yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web whatthistownneeds.blogspot.com